WHAT IS A FIDUCIARY?
I know many great financial professionals who make a living by selling products to consumers. In fact, I use and recommend their services from time to time and most are good honest people. However, with some financial professionals the line between sales pitch and financial advice is far too blurry. The distinction has become so distorted that in some cases the average consumer can’t even tell you what a Financial Advisor does.
As silly as it sounds, a Financial Advisor should provide FINANCIAL ADVICE. That advice should be impartial and based on the benefits to you the client and not how much money it will put in my pocket. We distinguish ourselves from other financial professionals by being fee-only advisors who commit to the following fiduciary principles.
I believe in putting your best interest first. Therefore, I am proud to commit to the following five fiduciary principles:
- I will always put your best interests first.
- I will act with prudence; that is, with the skill, care, diligence, and good judgment of a professional.
- I will not mislead you, and I will provide conspicuous, full and fair disclosure of all important facts.
- I will avoid conflicts of interest.
- I will fully disclose and fairly manage, in your favor, any unavoidable conflicts.